Wednesday, October 26, 2005

God's Face

God’s Face

Created in God’s image,
yes I am, that is me.
How amazing it feels,
to know how I came to be.

Chosen by God Almighty,
I owe my time and service ...
yet somehow, that notion,
makes me a little nervous.

He gave me many gifts,
some apparent, some not.
I need to try and serve him,
with everything I’ve got.

He hears my every prayer,
he knows my every thought ...
and through his son, Jesus,
my salvation was bought.

The creator of the universe,
wants to spend time with ME!
Who am I to refuse, or
claim that I am too busy ?

Fearfully and wonderfully made,
my body is like a temple...
and I should treat it as such,
it really is very simple.

God empowered Moses,
and he can empower me ...
if only I’d stop and ask,
then he would make it be.

I am chosen and blessed,
and I am humbled by grace ...
yet my self esteem soars --
to think that I resemble,
God’s face!

By: Debra S. Higginbotham
June 6, 2003 – Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment