Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lessons from my Daughter

LESSONS FROM MY DAUGHTER

She’s 45 pounds of energy,
wrapped up into a little gal …
wise beyond, her 8 years of life,
my princess – my precious pal.

I’ve learned from her – to be amazed –
at the world around us, every day.
TO marvel at God’s creations …
to be fascinated in every way.

I’ve learned from her – to pose a query –
and ask questions when in doubt …
and never stop – and to never give up –
until I’ve got it - all figured out.

I’ve learned from her – spontaneous prayer –
and to thank God for the littlest of things.
She’s taught me – appreciation –
for the many joys that this life brings.

I’ve learned from her – unconditional love –
for there are no boundaries to her heart.
She loves and gives – and gives and loves –
never separating - the two apart.

I’ve learned from her – true forgiveness –
no 2nd thoughts – it’s over – it’s done.
Each day is fresh and it’s anew –
with the rising of the sun.

I’ve learned from her – the art of Faith –
absolute, complete, unfailing trust …
she sees God as her very best friend,
who is strong and honest and just.

I’ve learned from her – that I need her –
perhaps even more, than she needs me.
God gives us children – so we can learn –
because we learn when we teach …
it’s an awesome strategy !!

Dedicated to Victoria – A Queen among Queens
Love, Mama (Debra Sue Higginbotham)
January 1, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment