Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Ending of an Affair

The Ending Of An Affair
By: Debra Higginbotham, 6/2/09

Farewell to you my sweet, for parting is such sweet sorrow.
I fear our affair is ending, first thing when I wake tomorrow.

I will miss your a.m. charge, I will miss the adoration …
I will miss your innocent look, which brings me such elation.

Your hold on me is fierce. The bond we have is strong.
But now it’s time, to say goodbye – it’s gone on far too long.

I hate the way I need you. I hate the way I want you.
I promise not to seek you. I promise not to haunt you.

I’m afraid it’s all or nothing. For us, there’s nothing more.
Even though, your tempting taste - - makes my heart rate soar.

I will miss the way you stimulate, the way you make me feel!
But my addiction to you, is now becoming – just a bit too real.

I’ll probably fall off the wagon, if I allow you inside my house.
So I must insist you stay away – from me as well as my spouse.

It’s the ending of an affair … I promise you – it’s not a joke.
I promise I’m giving you up – yes you – Sir Diet Coke !

1 comment: