Sunday, October 10, 2004

Messy Fingers

Sticky fingers – tangled hair,

scattered crayons, everywhere.



Fancy artwork – on the wall –

drawn by midgets – three feet tall.



Tell me why – and tell me how –

that was mine – I want it NOW!



Must I share? Do I gotta?

At my party – I want a piñata !



Fix my bike. Buy me gum.

If you have it, I want some.



Dirty faces, grass-stained knees,

learning words – like pretty please.



Endless hugs & goofy wet kisses,

learning respect with “Mr.” & “Mrs.”



Scraped-up hands, from falling down.

Tender tugs - - on my night gown.



Need more paper – for Santa’s letter?

I wasn’t so bad – but I’ve been better.



Watching a movie – again and again –

Mommy, please – put the tape back in.



Messy fingers – hair gone wild …

all in the life – of a precious child !!

No comments:

Post a Comment