Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Best Compliment

The BEST Compliment
By: Debra Higginbotham
10-26-05

What will people think - when they think of me?
Will they see kindness, as party of my personality?

What will people see - when they look at me?
Perhaps Christian kindness, or someone in a hurry?

How will I respond, when my feelings are hurt?
Will my words be sweet, or quick and curt?

How do I sound - when I stop to say "hello"?
Are my words fluffy soft - - like a favorite pillow?

As others speak, do I hear what they say?
Or am I busy planning - the rest of my day?

Am I quick to react, too slow with a smile?
Will my feet be willing - to walk an extra mile?

Will I remember you - - and pray for your needs?
Can I try to testify, and plant the Lord's seeds?

Will I show mercy - when I'm on the warpath?
Am I slow to anger, or am I quick to wrath?

If I am inconvenienced, am I easily annoyed?
When I see your success, will I be overjoyed?

Will my heart be jealous, or will it be sincere -
as I see you meet, the goals you've held dear.

In the midst of darkness, will the Lord's light glow?
Or will my frustrations - simply start to show?

In the midst of my pain, can I be kind to strangers?
Or will I give in - to the Devil's many dangers?

What will people say, when they speak of me?
Will I be surprised, of the impression they see?

Time spent in Kindness - is time well spent ...
And "She's Too Nice" - is the BEST compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment