Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Play Time

Play Time
By: Debra Sue Higginbotham
9-17-2004

Sitting here watching,
two miracles on my floor –
as they play & they laugh,
and squeal a little more.

Victoria is almost eight,
and William is almost one …
and I do enjoy seeing them
having so much fun !!

She claps her hands together,
and he copies her so quick …
and then he claps some more,
as it’s his favorite trick.

She’s rolling him the ball,
and he pounds on it with glee …
and he tries to make it move,
so that it will come to me.

He waddles across the way,
and she follows as he trips.
Then she sings a song …
as he eats her fingertips.

She tosses him a blankie,
as he plays some peek-a-boo.
And I do so much enjoy,
just absorbing these two.

Now my heart begins to swell,
at where this moment leads …
as Victoria picks up a book,
and he listens as she reads.

There are toys everywhere,
and this room is such a mess …
and at this point in time,
I really couldn't care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment