Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Dressed UP In Fruit

Dressed UP in Fruit!
By: Debra Sue Higginbotham
10-18-05

I want to dress myself up in FRUIT....
as crazy as that may sound ...
but if I'm dressed in the Fruit of the Spirit,
it's the greatest outfit I've ever found.

I'll paint my face with love and joy ...
and warm my heart with peace.
These beautiful inner attitudes,
please God and never cease.

I'll clothe myself in pretty Patience,
then Kindness and Goodness too.
Actions like these are sure to please,
and bring warmth to all I do.

I'll apply the fruit of Faithfulness -
then Gentleness and Self-control.
These applications of the FRUIT - -
produce strength in life's mixing bowl.

So if you see me dressed up in Fruit,
try not to think that I'm nuts ...
let's aim to flatter - the Lord our God,
(instead of our guts and butts!)

Read Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment