Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Willing Servant

"The Willing Servant" (September 2001)
By: Debra Sue Higginbotham

Dear Lord - open my heart -
and open my mind as well,
I want to be your servant...
even IF it's hard to tell.

Please forgive my grumbling -
if it should come about,
show me where I'm needed...
so I can be helping out.

Dear Lord - take my hand -
and help me understand,
you ARE my foundation...
in the midst of sinking sand.

Please forgive my hesitance -
if I am slow when I react,
teach me how to witness...
with humility and tact.

Dear Lord - lead the way -
and be with me today,
help me be an example...
in all I do and say.

Oh you know I need you -
remind me what is true,
faith isn't really faith...
until it's all I'm holding onto.

Dear Lord - give me the nerve -
to resist Satan's curve,
to walk a narrow path, and ...
to Step Forth and Serve !!

No comments:

Post a Comment